Ebook Download Thank God I Had a Gun: True Accounts of Self-Defense, by Chris Bird
Exactly how if your day is begun by reviewing a publication Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird However, it remains in your device? Everyone will certainly constantly touch as well as us their gizmo when getting up and also in morning activities. This is why, we mean you to additionally check out a book Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird If you still confused how to obtain guide for your gizmo, you could comply with the way below. As below, we provide Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird in this website.
Thank God I Had a Gun: True Accounts of Self-Defense, by Chris Bird
Ebook Download Thank God I Had a Gun: True Accounts of Self-Defense, by Chris Bird
This is it the book Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird to be best seller just recently. We provide you the most effective deal by getting the spectacular book Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird in this web site. This Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird will certainly not just be the kind of book that is challenging to find. In this internet site, all kinds of books are given. You could look title by title, author by author, as well as publisher by publisher to figure out the very best book Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird that you could read now.
Yet, what's your matter not also enjoyed reading Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird It is a great activity that will consistently offer wonderful benefits. Why you end up being so weird of it? Many things can be affordable why people don't like to check out Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird It can be the boring tasks, guide Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird compilations to read, even lazy to bring spaces almost everywhere. But now, for this Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird, you will certainly start to like reading. Why? Do you recognize why? Read this web page by finished.
Starting from seeing this site, you have aimed to begin loving reading a publication Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird This is specialized site that market hundreds compilations of books Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird from whole lots sources. So, you will not be tired anymore to decide on guide. Besides, if you also have no time at all to look guide Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird, simply sit when you remain in workplace and open up the browser. You can discover this Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird lodge this website by hooking up to the web.
Get the connect to download this Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird and start downloading. You could desire the download soft data of the book Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird by going through other activities. And that's all done. Now, your rely on read a publication is not constantly taking as well as carrying the book Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird almost everywhere you go. You could save the soft data in your device that will never be away as well as review it as you like. It is like reviewing story tale from your device then. Currently, start to love reading Thank God I Had A Gun: True Accounts Of Self-Defense, By Chris Bird and obtain your brand-new life!
This collection of true stories examines incidents involving the use of firearms by ordinary citizens for personal protection against criminals. Three basic types of events are discussed: armed defense at home, at work, and in a public place. Each episode is explored in detail, with a look at the citizen involved as well as how their defensive actions aided them or could be improved. From convenience-store robberies to police arrests gone awry, these stories provide memorable reminders of firearm self-defense dos and don'ts.
- Sales Rank: #637893 in Books
- Published on: 2006-07-01
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 8.50" h x .63" w x 5.50" l, .88 pounds
- Binding: Paperback
- 307 pages
Review
"There is much to be learned from Chris' painstaking, detailed research. I recommend this book highly."� —Massad Ayoob, director, Lethal Force Institute
"Wow! 'Riveting' may be an overused word...but it is perfectly descriptive of the stories that Chris has compiled."� —Suzanna Hupp, Texas state representative
"Great true stories that spark a self-analytical What would I have done?"� —Jerry Patterson, Texas land commissioner
"If you don't own a firearm for personal protection, you need to read this book."� —Combat Handguns magazine
"The humanity of Bird's subjects . . . left me with a warm feeling toward these survivors, and regrets for the one who did not make it."� —Women & Guns magazine
"I am deeply impressed with the book by Chris Bird."� —GunNews
"Like I said, ya gotta read the book. It's a purchase I don't think you'll regret."� —American Handgunner magazine
About the Author
Chris Bird is the author of The Concealed Handgun Manual, a former police reporter for the San Antonio Express-News, a certified concealed-handgun instructor, and a director of the Texas Concealed Handgun Association. He lives in San Antonio, Texas.
Most helpful customer reviews
22 of 26 people found the following review helpful.
A Much Needed Dose of Truth
By S. Peek
In this relatively short (307 pages) book, author Chris Bird has done what the news media has failed to do with all of its massive resources - tell the truth about the incredible effectiveness of firearms for self defense.
Rather than revealing the amazing positive statistics and stories of these encounters, the establishment reporters have done just the opposite. They have portrayed a totally one sided picture of the relatively few misuses of guns and ignored the literally millions of protective uses of these weapons by American citizens.
As Mr. Bird states: 'According to various academic studies, each year at least a couple of million ordinary citizens use firearms in response to criminal attack or threat. In only a very small percentage of cases is the gun actually fired.' That is incredible. It is a travesty that this is not broadcast wide and far.
In this volume, the author chronicles the stories of fourteen of these average people who protected themselves and/or others with firearms. The situations and outcomes are vastly different, but there is a common thread: Ordinary people effectively warding off criminal attacks.
Most people in this country have been conditioned to believe that they should simply call the police when in danger and all will be well. This book will help dispel that notion. I highly recommend it. Another one that everyone should read is Dial 911 and Die. This is certainly not for men only. Mr. Bird also cites the research showing that women actually have much more to gain in safety than men by keeping and/or carrying a firearm.
This is a must read for anyone who is concerned about improving his/her own safety as well as that of family members.
25 of 30 people found the following review helpful.
The Power of Critical Knowledge is Freedom
By C. Schwartz
This is a well written book. It reveals much about the criminal attitude, self defense preparedness, the psychological impact of shooting incidents, the aftermath of the incidents, and critical examination of
these incidents. Your mind and body must be prepared if you want to protect yourself from violent
crime. Certain decisions need to be made before you are attacked. You won't have time to engage in
philosophy when only seconds remain for you to act. The incidents reported here are varied enough
to give you some important things to think about. If you are on a search to obtain critical knowledge
about protecting yourself and/or your loved ones and also being a responsible citizen, then this book
is for you. Thanks Chris Bird. Job well done !
3 of 7 people found the following review helpful.
Awesome Read! Must Have!!!
By Carnagio
"The difference between a liberal and a conservative is one armed robbery."
That says it all and so does this book. Thank you Chris Bird!
Thank God I Had a Gun: True Accounts of Self-Defense, by Chris Bird PDF
Thank God I Had a Gun: True Accounts of Self-Defense, by Chris Bird EPub
Thank God I Had a Gun: True Accounts of Self-Defense, by Chris Bird Doc
Thank God I Had a Gun: True Accounts of Self-Defense, by Chris Bird iBooks
Thank God I Had a Gun: True Accounts of Self-Defense, by Chris Bird rtf
Thank God I Had a Gun: True Accounts of Self-Defense, by Chris Bird Mobipocket
Thank God I Had a Gun: True Accounts of Self-Defense, by Chris Bird Kindle
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar